I love them. I love self portraits taken by others of themselves. I love taking self portraits of myself with my family, friends, and all alone.
Part of it is the time/place stamping opportunity these images afford. Clearly I am not alone - point and shoots often come equipped now with front facing displays for this purpose. My cameras now have 3 frame releases for self-timer shots. But I still love the messy, slightly out of focus, poorly composed shots myself. Stick an arm out the window and get the wind in your face. Angle slightly to the left and you'll see the ESB over the Brooklyn Bridge.
Not sure what I will say in my story about self portraits but I think I may have each chapter start with one. Editing down will be extremely tough. This is my core challenge.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
A Word About Self Portraits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment